Sunday, June 21, 2009
I know, I know...I am behind on my posting...it has been very chaotic the last few weeks...some how I thought summer would slow our schedules down but it hasn't as of yet! So I am posting about the most important event of the past week...Braxton turning seven! I still can't get my head around that...it just seems like yesterday we were watching him take his first steps! It is odd, for every year that passes, I measure much of my self by the age of my children.."am I in a better place now than a year ago? seven years ago""am I leading them toward Christ with my actions, my words" "do they eat enough healthy foods - do they watch too much tv?" "am I really taking the time to cherish each and every moment?" because for each year that passes - it is another year closer to them leaving "the nest" and going out into the world to be all that God created them to be! And on, and on the list of questions go!!! I could drive myself crazy with all of this self-evaluation...but in the end, it was my seven year old that answered the questions for me... As I lay in bed talking with Braxton before he closed his eyes for the night...we reflected on the day, the party, the gifts and I tell him how much he has blessed my life and that I am so proud of him...he tears up and says "mom, some day I am going to miss you when I am gone" I of course respond " well, you will be with me for at least 50 more years" and he laughs at this as I wipe his tears away. It was a bittersweet moment for me...hearing those words and the affirmation that I must be doing something right, but also the realization that as I am seeing my time with him grow shorter with each passing year, he is seeing the same...that is after all how God designed it to be!
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
Just a quick post...for the last 2 months we've been in "baseball season"...Braxton loves anything physical and competitive...it is how God made him! This past Saturday the Tigers (his team) beat out the Dodgers for the very first time all season to advance to tourny time....he was so excited. The whole team played their very best - it was amazing to see 5 and 6 year olds focused, ha! Braxton is playing pitcher right now, which is a bit nerve racking - for me, but he really loves it...in fact he caught his very first pop fly - he hasn't stopped talking about it since!!! We play again this Thursday night - hopefully they will go all the way - we've really enjoyed the season and his wonderful coaches who love the Lord! GO TIGERS!
Friday, June 5, 2009
I typically don't post twice in one day, but it is dreary outside and I was reading one of my favorite blogs Coco+Kelley when I saw this....It is without a doubt the dreamiest backyard for kids - ever! This is just one of the many homes renovated by Sixx Design - a husband and wife duo...I have seen several of their renovations in many of my design magazines and always LOVE their take on a home...not to mention they have seven kiddos...yes, seven!
It has been a super busy week...one I had not expected to be busy - but we have made it, almost. Here is the lowdown...
- Vacation Bible School at Beech Grove...in charge of outdoor activities for the 4 and 5 year olds....one word "EXHAUSTING" tonight is the last night!
- David had two basketball camps this week, I think, wait...I am not sure anymore...but his schedule has been crazy which of course dictates my schedule.
- My dad had some out patient surgery for head and neck issues on Tuesday - unfortunately it hasn't helped:( sorry dad
- Had a furniture delivery/install for DHB Designs...the Chadwick Armoire from Ballards - beautiful!!!!
- Had a meeting for non-profit I am involved with, Kingdom Design Ministries...more to come on that in the next week!!!
- Logo proofs for my website (DHB Designs) I am so EXCITED...I will be reviewing them this weekend to make a decision!!! Thanks to Lisa for all her creativity!
- CLEANED OUT THE GARAGE - people...this was huge! We have a whole pile for yard sale and a few things to organize, but it feels so great to have it almost completed!!! So that is my week in a nut shell, tomorrow we have ball tournaments for Braxton, cross your fingers we win the first game so we don't have to play again later in the day!!! Have a great one!